Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Long Road Home

So today, I was traveling back to my wonderful home on interstate 85S, and I discovered something rather simple about myself. I hate driving! I like going places, many places, but I would much rather be a passenger than the one in the driving seat. Well, enough of that on to the poem of the day!

The Long Ride Home

Traveling down the gray concrete streets
bumps and pot holes along the way
as if life were a rode and the cars the people
you meet
focusing intently on the destination ahead
but hoping for the end of the high speed lanes
wanting some sanity from the changing signs and passing wide white lines
what if life were a rode? a street? an interstate?
What if we all were just travelers trying to find our way back
back to where we truly belong
Where is home?
Are we there yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment